Between 15 and 18 of November 2018, the Italian city will host the third edition of the festival which, in its first two years, has established itself nationally and internationally as a key event for the promotion of photography culture and as a platform for discussion of critical topics, such as the power of the female gaze in the arts (The Female Gaze, 2016) and the political significance of fashion imagery (Fashion and Politics, 2017).
This year will focus on continuing the conversation about the role played by photography, and especially fashion photography, in representing and analysing our contemporary society: a study that is very much part of the DNA of Vogue Italia since it was established. Thanks to the visionary photographers it employed, the publication has succeeded in becoming a masterful mirroring tool of our times, the discerning interpreter of the society it portrays, documenting the changes, capturing the trends and anticipating desires and direction. Through its sophisticated, innovative, witty and, at times, controversial fashion shoots, Vogue Italia has distinguished itself as a publication capable of leaving an indelible mark in the visual memory of its readers, transcending the brief time of fashion itself. Today, the magazine continues its mission, using photography as an investigative tool of society and its cultural models on a global level, echoing the zeitgeist whilst raising questions and conveying innovative ideas through the fashion lens.
The Festival will involve the entire city of Milan with talks, exhibitions and photography events made possible thanks to the contribution of cultural institutions, photography schools and, most of all, specialized galleries that will host exhibitions over the course of the Photo Vogue Festival. It will be an unmissable opportunity for photography, art and fashion enthusiasts to engage with key names and experts in the sectors, i.e.: the great masters of photography, leading curators and the most prestigious agencies.
- PALAZZO REALE: Sølve Sundsbø, ‘Beyond the still image’, Curated by Alessia Glaviano and Michael Van Horne.
- BASE MILANO: ‘Embracing Diversity’, Curated by Alessia Glaviano and Francesca Marani
- BASE MILANO: ‘All That Man Is – Fashion and Masculinity Now’, Curated by Chiara Bardelli Nonino
On Saturday 17th of November between 11 am and 1 pm at Base Milano, a group of talented photographers selected by the Vogue Italia team will have the opportunity to have their portfolio freely reviewed by key industry experts. For your chance to be shortlisted, send an e-mail to email@example.com accompanied by a selection of 10/15 images in pdf format, a biography, a contact number and a link to your website. Every genre of photography is accepted: from Documentary to Fine Art.
Reviewers: Alessia Glaviano, Chiara Bardelli Nonino, Chiara Capodici, Claudio Composti, Diego Orlando, Federica Chiocchetti, Francesca Morosini, Francesca Ragazzi, Francesca Seravalle, Francesco Valtolina, Giulia Ticozzi, Giulia Zorzi, Giuseppe Oliverio, Lorenza Bravetta, Lucia Orsi, Maddalena Scarzella, Marcella Manni, Maria Teresa Salvati, Michael Famighetti, Renata Ferri, Roberto Alfano, Selva Barni
- Accademia Teatro alla Scala: Fotografie di scena. Works by the students of Accademia del Teatro alla Scala
- Armani/Silos: Italian Panorama. Curated by Alessia Glaviano, Chiara Bardelli Nonino and Francesca Marani
- Bauer at Blanka Studio: Talk “Il CFP Bauer e la fotografia di moda: come la didattica della scuola si trasforma in professione nell’area fashion” with Sergio Giusti and Pier Nicola Bruno
- Forma Meravigli: Mario Giacomelli: Da un caos all’altro. Curated by Alessandra Mauro
- Fondazione Prada Osservatorio: The Black Image Corporation. Curated by Theaster Gates. Photos by Moneta Sleet Jr. and Isaac Sutton
- Frigoriferi Milanesi: Foto Libri & Co.
- Galleria Carla Sozzani: Sarah Moon: Time at work
- Galleria Lattuada: Blah Blah Blah Genitals. Julia Falkner & Lorena Hydeman
- IED: A new chapter. Photographic books’ exposition
- La Triennale di Milano in collaborazione con Mufoco: L’archivio Marubi. Il rituale fotografico. Curated by Zef Paci
- Leica Galerie Milano: Bruce Davidson
- Marsèlleria: Brice Dellsperger. Body Double. Curated by Selva Barni – Fantom
- mc2gallery: Patricio Reig.Todas Las Mujeres Son La Misma. Curated by Claudio Composti
- Micamera – lens based arts: Ed Panar: In the Vicinity, Deadbeat Club pop-un store, Tim Carpenter
- Mudec: Se a parlare non resta che il fiume. Photos by Jane Baldwin. A project by Studio Azzuro and Jane Baldwin
- NonostanteMarras: Unexpected Neighbors. Martina della Valle’s exhibition curated by Marcella Manni
- Officine Fotografiche Milano: Purgatorio Juve. Photos by Marco Garofalo
- Reading Room: A selection of magazines linked to Photo Vogue Festival 2018
- Spazio Leonardo: Irene Fenara. Blinds and other Cloudings. Curated by UNA galleria
- Spazio Quattrocento: Independently Together. Curated by Micaela Flenda and Pelin Sozeri
- Still: Blood on blood. Photos by Marta Viola and Stefania Spadoni. Curated by Alessandro Curti
- Studio Giangaleazzo Visconti: Juno Calypso
- Twenty14contemporary: Living in a painting. Maya Rochat and Pietro Russo
- Viasaterna: Casino Palermo — The exhibition. Works by Oli Bonzanigo, Alessandro Calabrese, Martina Corà, Barbara De Ponti, Theo Drebbel, Ramak Fazel, Teresa Giannico, Guido Guidi, Takashi Homma and Alessandro Sambini
Between 15 and 18 of November 2018
City of Milano, Italy
Headquarter BASE, via Bergognone 34